BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ken_oy
Fluorite | Level 6
I try to use "pointlabel" statement to point out ID # of all the outliner, but the problem is it will also list all the ID # of other non-outliner. Is there any conditional statement to control this? Thanks!

I want the scatter plot as below, outliner with ID #, non-outliner with a 'star' only.

Photobucket
4 REPLIES 4
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14
You could create an extra variable in your data, and only populate that variable with a value for the markers you want to have text, and then specify that variable as the one for pointlabel to use.
Ken_oy
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for your reply,

I created a new variable for those outliner (marker=ID), and (marker='missing'), for those non-outliner. but when I use pointlabel again (pointlabel=('#marker'), yes, all Outliner are now with 'ID #', but non-outliner are now with a 'dot'.

pointlabel will still point out those missing values? how to remove these 'dot's ?

Thanks
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14
Is this variable numeric? Try it with a character variable, and rather than the sas-numeric 'missing' (which shows up as a dot) make the character variable have the value of blank.
Ken_oy
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks, changed to char, and now no 'dot's thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation