BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sandhya
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,

I use proc gplot to generate a graph. Now I want to add a small data set(table) inside the graph. Something similar to what is done in

http://www.lexjansen.com/pharmasug/2007/po/po01.pdf

in page 5. In the paper they haven't given the code for doing this.

I wanted to use annotate facility and I'm writing a macro for it. Since, its a part of a bigger program which is been in development for the past 2 years, I cannot change it graphical procedure PROC GPLOT to anything else. I didn't know how to attach a dataset and direct it to print the same, using the annotate facility. Your guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sandhya.
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Look on page 3 of that paper. The author wrote a macro program called %AnnoTbl which is what he features in this paper to put the inset table onto the GPLOT shown on page 5. The call to %AnnoTbl is shown on page 4 for the output on page 5.

You could contact the author of the table to see whether he will share his macro code with you. Or, you could write your own macro program. Or you could figure out the ANNOTATE facility statements that are needed to put an inset box onto a "traditional" SAS/GRAPH procedure output. OR, you could use the new SG procedures in SAS 9.2 with the INSET statement to put an INSET box onto a graph area.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation