BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hjoe21
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am a user new to sas as well as this forum. I am trying to create scatterplots in sas using PROC SGSCATTER to generate scatterplots (of groups male and female) of variable X against variables Y1, Y3, Y4, and Y5.

Following is my code:

ods listing gpath='C:\';

ods graphics / reset height=4.5in width=8.925in imagefmt=png imagename="img1";

proc sgscatter data=test;

plot Y1*X  Y3*X Y4*X Y5*X /group=gender rows=2 columns=3 ;

run;

ods listing close;

The above produces an image file with 3 plots in the first row and 1 plot in the second row. However, I am having difficulty in drawing a straight line passing through the origin in each of the 4 plots.Is there any way I can extend this code so that a straight line passing through the origin appears in each of my plots? I tried using the sganno option that included a 'line' function, but it does nto seem to help. I would appreciate any useful input.  Thanks.

This is how my image looks:

img1.png
4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Try adding the option:

pbspline=(degree=1)

hjoe21
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your response. I am getting this warning message.

WARNING: X=PBSPLINE_X_Y5_GROUP_SORT_G__X is invalid. The option expects at least one non-missing value in the column.

However, this results in each plot with 2 different line for each gender group. I was just trying to insert a single line that that connects the points, say, (0,0) to (100,100) in each of the plots.

ballardw
Super User

What did your annotate set look like when you tried the SGANNO approach?

hjoe21
Calcite | Level 5

I used this:

data linedata;

function="line";

drawspace="graphpercent";

x1=0; y1=0; x2=100; y2=100;

linethickness=1;

run;

I used the above dataset with the sganno option.

this creates a 45 degree line across the entire page, not the individual plots.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation