Data visualization with SAS programming

proc gbarline 9.1.3 code from 9.2 code

N/A

proc gbarline 9.1.3 code from 9.2 code

Hi,

I'm trying to convert some 9.2 gbarline code to 9.1.3 and while I have acheived it to an extent I am having problems with a couple of items. My main issue is how to create a legend but I am also having an issue with assigning multiple colours to an individual bar.

Rather than pasting both sets of code here I thought I'd see if anyone could help first. Happy to provide the code if you would like to see what I've done.

I believe the annotate function may be the way forward but it looks fairly cumbersome alongside the legend function and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going about things the long way.

Many thanks

Dave
SAS Employee

Re: proc gbarline 9.1.3 code from 9.2 code

The gbarline procedure is fairly new, and new options & functionality have been added in newer releases (ie, it's an evolving thing). The "subgroup" option (multiple colored segments within a bar) was added in v9.2, and therefore you will not be able to use that option in v9.1.3's proc gbarline.

If you absolutely need a similar graph in v9.1.3, you could use proc gchart to draw the bar chart with sugbroups (multiple colored segments in bars), and then use "annotate" to draw the line.
N/A

Thanks Rob, I've just been looking into doing that and it seems the easiest way of doing it, I don't suppose you can point me in the direction of any annotate code that will acheive what I'm after?
I'm trying to learn this as I go against a fairly tight deadline so any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Dave
SAS Employee

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation