tarvel
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I've problem with java when i launch SAS and the macro call %sgdesign;

Error message :

ERROR: The Java proxy is not responding

ERROR: The Java proxy's JNI call to start the VM failed

ERROR: Unable to load the java virtual machine

With admin (Admin network) login and use this macro call %sgdesign; in SAS  there is no problem (the ODS Graphics Designer works)

My system : Win7 64 bits

SAS : 9.2

Thanks to help me!

Tarvel

3 REPLIES 3
PrashantH_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Tarvel,

Could you please let us know the full version of SAS9.2? It is usually in the log when you start SAS, or the Help->About SAS dialog, or you could submit: %put &sysvlong;

Also, it would help to know if you are able to run a simple SGPLOT program from the login that you are having the problem with the same SAS version:

proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;

vbar age;

run;

Lastly, is the account a Guest or a limited  user account, by any chance?

acmilannesta
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have the same problem with Tarvel. My SAS version is SAS 9.2 TS Level 1M0 running on Windows 7 32bits. When I try to run %sgdesin; the log said

"Unable to call the macro".

Also I can run the sgplot program you mentioned.

Hope for your reply!

Thanks!

Jason

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Designer was released production with SAS 9.2 TS2M3.  You should still be able to run the pre-production version with SAS 9.2 TS2M0, but not TS1.  Also, be sure you spell the macro name correctly, it is %sgdesign;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation