BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gyambqt
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello expert,

when I use ods tagset excelxp to produce xml file and opened in excel, if the last column (the first column at the right side) has a lot of content, then it will go beyond the column boundary. How do I conceal some of its content or expand it vertically like adjust the row height, I have tried wraptext="no" and row_height option but it didn't work.

you can run the following sample code to see the issue to display column a:

data a;
length a $500;
input a $;
cards;
asdskdfahklasdjklfjasdlsdfhsdgfjsadjkfhasdjklfhjkasdhfjkhasdjkfhjkasdhfjksdkfjasjkfhsdkajfsdafhasdjkfhasdgfasdgfhasdfgasdgfgsdhfjgasdjkf
;
run;

ODS LISTING CLOSE;

ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP FILE="c:/a.xls"                              
OPTIONS(SHEET_NAME='a'
ABSOLUTE_COLUMN_WIDTH='5'
AUTOFIT_HEIGHT="YES"
WRAPTEXT="NO"
)
style=Printer;

proc print data=a;
run;
ods tagsets.ExcelXP close;

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

HI:

Since TAGSETS.EXCELXP does not support graphic images of any kind, I wonder if you have posted this in the wrong forum. I would expect this to be posted in the ODS and Base Reporting Forum.

cynthia

gyambqt
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for let me know Cynthia, Is it possible for me to delete this post?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

I don't actually know if you can delete it. But it doesn't matter, you can just repost it in the right place. My guess is that you will get more feedback in the other forum.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation