Data visualization with SAS programming

map position in graphics output area

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

map position in graphics output area

Does anyone know if there is a way to specify the position of a map within the graphics output area? By default it's centered, but I need it to be left aligned. To minimize the horizontal size of the graphics output area is not an option, because there are other outputs needed to be placed on the right part.

I've found the system option "nocenter", but it seemed to have no effect on the gmap procedure output...

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-19-2012 08:22 AM
SAS Employee

Re: map position in graphics output area

You can add a blank title statement of a large height, angled to position it on the right-hand side of the map.  This will add white-space along the side.  Here is a simple example:

title1 angle=-90 height=50pct " ";

proc gmap data=maps.us map=maps.us;

id state;

choro state / levels=1;

run;

Note that you must be using 'gtitles' (which might not be the default in EG and Stored Processes), and it won't work in device=java or activex (I recommend using device=png).

This 'trick' is described in detail, in Example 7 of my book "SAS/Graph: Beyond the Basics" Smiley Happy

Space Around Graph

http://robslink.com/SAS/book/example07_info.htm

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-19-2012 08:22 AM
SAS Employee

You can add a blank title statement of a large height, angled to position it on the right-hand side of the map.  This will add white-space along the side.  Here is a simple example:

title1 angle=-90 height=50pct " ";

proc gmap data=maps.us map=maps.us;

id state;

choro state / levels=1;

run;

Note that you must be using 'gtitles' (which might not be the default in EG and Stored Processes), and it won't work in device=java or activex (I recommend using device=png).

This 'trick' is described in detail, in Example 7 of my book "SAS/Graph: Beyond the Basics" Smiley Happy

Space Around Graph

http://robslink.com/SAS/book/example07_info.htm

Occasional Contributor

Great! Thanks! Smiley Happy

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation