BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sanqub
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Friends,

I need your help in following data set.

Suppose I have temperature, defects and total parts produced at that temperature,
temperaturedefect PercentNumber of parts produced

I want a graph of temp v/s defect percentage and giving weightage to total parts produced.

If I don't consider weights(total parts produced) the trend is misleading. For instance at 640 deg, total parts produced is 10, but just one defect makes defect percentage 10%. Which affects the trendline. Is there any way to give weightage based on number of parts produced at that temperature.

In other words 650, 655. 660 actually represent the trend as number of parts produced are high and give clear picture, increase in temperature reduces defects. Also I cannot discard first two and last two points.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

By Graph Builder, do you mean the ODS Graphics Designer, or some other software?

sanqub
Calcite | Level 5

I was refering to JMP graph builder, am not sure if this is correct forum.

(I was advised to post in this SAS/GRAPH by online chat advisor)

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Sorry for the confusion. Please post to the JMP community at

https://community.jmp.com/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation