BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
saibot
Calcite | Level 5

Dear SAS Users,

here: https://communities.sas.com/message/144788 it is discribed, how a µ can be inserted in a Graph. When I use in ANNOTATE the statement

%label(50 , 90 , "Test : %sysfunc(byte(948),$1.) = %sysfunc(byte(181),$1.)2"  , black , 0 , 0 , 1.5 , 'Arial' , 5)

then the µ is printed, but for the delta, I get the warning

"WARNING: An argument to the function BYTE referenced by the %SYSFUNC or %QSYSFUNC macro function is out of range."

How can I get the small delta? I got the code 948 for delta from the following page, which is also cited in the link above:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~tomw/java/unicode.html#x0080

Thank you in advance and best regards

Edit: The same warning appears if I insert use %sysfunc(byte(963),$1.) to insert a small sigma. Can you also help me with that greek letter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Here's one way to do it, using SAS/Graph annotate ...

data my_anno;

xsys='3'; ysys='3'; hsys='3';

x=50; y=50; size=8;

function='label'; style='albany amt/unicode'; text='2206'x;

run;

title ls=5.0  "Here is the Greek delta symbol:";

proc gslide anno=my_anno;

run;

delta.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Here's one way to do it, using SAS/Graph annotate ...

data my_anno;

xsys='3'; ysys='3'; hsys='3';

x=50; y=50; size=8;

function='label'; style='albany amt/unicode'; text='2206'x;

run;

title ls=5.0  "Here is the Greek delta symbol:";

proc gslide anno=my_anno;

run;

delta.png

saibot
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, Robert, for the answer.
I got the large Delta from your example. Can you tell me how to get a small delta and a small sigma? Or can you tell me where I can find a table with the 'albany amt/unicode' letters? It is not so easy to find such a table with google...

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

ods escapechar='~';

proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;

symbolchar name=sym1 char=delta_l  / rotate=180 textattrs=(Weight=Bold);

yaxis label="Test : %sysfunc(unicode(δ, ncr)) = %sysfunc(unicode(µ,ncr))2";

xaxis label="~{unicode '03B4'x}";

scatter x=weight y=height  / markerattrs=(symbol=sym1 size=15pt);

run;

pastedImage_0.png

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

If you're on Windows, you can run the 'Character Map' program, and then select the 'Albany Amt' font, and then look through all the characters. When you click on a character, you'll see the numeric code at the bottom of the window. I'm attaching a screen-capture below, so you'll know what to expect...

char_map.png

saibot
Calcite | Level 5

I checked the character map, but for the big Delta from your example, there is written: U+0394. I don't see the connection to text='2206'x in your example

saibot
Calcite | Level 5

I am sorry, it works. It seems that there are several possibilities to get a big Delta. Thank you both for the good tipps! Great!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation