Data visualization with SAS programming

email recipient cannot view emails

Accepted Solution Solved
Valued Guide
Accepted Solution

email recipient cannot view emails

I am using proc sgplot, the results in enterprise guide are set to html, but I've tried sas report and rtf.  I am running a report, using export or send to within enterprise guide.  This sends it to a word doc.  I have tried to save it as doc and docx.  when the recipient gets the word doc and opens it they see the following message:

The linked image cannot be displayed.  The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted.  Verify that the link points to the correct file and location.

The only thing I can get to work is a pdf but I'd prefer using a word doc.  Is there any settings within EG I can manipulate to make this work?

Thank You,

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
Esteemed Advisor

Re: email recipient cannot view emails

Try to follow the instructions given in https://superuser.com/questions/294978/transform-linked-images-to-embedded-images to embed the images in the Word document. But I'd strongly recommend pdf for such reports that need to be sent via email.

My personal preference is to create the whole report as HTML and have it served from the data warehouse web server. That way I only need to send a notifcation that the report has been created/changed. Makes for happy mail admins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Grand Advisor

What version of SAS are you using?

Valued Guide

SAS is 9.04

EG is 6.1

Grand Advisor

Can you rework it to use ODS HTML5 or the ODS PDF destination?

Solution
2 weeks ago
Esteemed Advisor

Try to follow the instructions given in https://superuser.com/questions/294978/transform-linked-images-to-embedded-images to embed the images in the Word document. But I'd strongly recommend pdf for such reports that need to be sent via email.

My personal preference is to create the whole report as HTML and have it served from the data warehouse web server. That way I only need to send a notifcation that the report has been created/changed. Makes for happy mail admins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation