BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

I am using proc sgplot, the results in enterprise guide are set to html, but I've tried sas report and rtf.  I am running a report, using export or send to within enterprise guide.  This sends it to a word doc.  I have tried to save it as doc and docx.  when the recipient gets the word doc and opens it they see the following message:

The linked image cannot be displayed.  The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted.  Verify that the link points to the correct file and location.

The only thing I can get to work is a pdf but I'd prefer using a word doc.  Is there any settings within EG I can manipulate to make this work?

Thank You,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Try to follow the instructions given in https://superuser.com/questions/294978/transform-linked-images-to-embedded-images to embed the images in the Word document. But I'd strongly recommend pdf for such reports that need to be sent via email.

My personal preference is to create the whole report as HTML and have it served from the data warehouse web server. That way I only need to send a notifcation that the report has been created/changed. Makes for happy mail admins.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

What version of SAS are you using?

Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

SAS is 9.04

EG is 6.1

Reeza
Super User

Can you rework it to use ODS HTML5 or the ODS PDF destination?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Try to follow the instructions given in https://superuser.com/questions/294978/transform-linked-images-to-embedded-images to embed the images in the Word document. But I'd strongly recommend pdf for such reports that need to be sent via email.

My personal preference is to create the whole report as HTML and have it served from the data warehouse web server. That way I only need to send a notifcation that the report has been created/changed. Makes for happy mail admins.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation