BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Niugg2010
Obsidian | Level 7

I want to use %modstyle to modify a style then use proc sgplot to prepare plots. How can I know which default style the sgplot uses for a special plot?

In addition, does someone can recomment me a study document for %modstyle? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

The style used is the style in effect at the time from either your SAS system settings or ODS destination statement(s).

I am not sure what you mean by "special plot". Unless you provide style overrides in options for requested plots then the current style is used.

Depending on what you are attempting you may also want to look at DATTRMAP dataset to set options for the values of group varaibles

Reeza
Super User

What version of SAS do you have? SAS 9.4 has made some of these modifications super easy, within SGPLOT.

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Modstyle is documented in one of the introductory sas/stat chapters. Now days, many of the things it was intended to do can be better accomplished with attribute priority and styleatters.
Niugg2010
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using 9.4. 

"special plot", I mean using vbar or scatter or series statements under sgplot to prepare different figures. How can I know the default styles for different statements? The default style is only one?

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

There  are default styles for different destinations not statements.  html: htmlblue, rtf: rtf, printer and pdf: pearl.

You can specify the style on and ODS destination statement.  I don't know if there is any way to query SAS.  Seems unlikely.

http://pubshelpcenter.unx.sas.com:8080/production/?docsetId=statug&docsetVersion=14.2&docsetTarget=s...

Niugg2010
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation