BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
clcl
Calcite | Level 5

i have used the guied for the first time to do a box plot and i cant find the opton to add the "+" for the mean , can anyone please help me with this ?

i see from the code that its not using proc boxplot and that its using gplot , maybe its not possible to add the "+" via gplot ?

is it normal that its using gplot ?

thanks

CL

1 REPLY 1
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

With gplot, you can do a boxplot plot, and then do a scatter plot (with the '+' character, or any character you want), and then 'overlay' them.  Here is the basic syntax (you can add more options to "fancy it up" a bit!)...

symbol1 interpol=boxcti color=black;
symbol2 interpol=none value=+ color=blue;

axis1 offset=(5,5);

proc gplot data=sashelp.class;
plot height*age=1 height*age=2 / overlay haxis=axis1;
run;

foo.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation