BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
barbier
Calcite | Level 5

I create a vbar with proc gchart.

When I use OPTIONS DEV=activex; the output is ok, the graph is shown. (file= _webout)

But when I use OPTIONS DEV=actximg; I don't get any graph in my output. The only thing I see is a white square with a little red cross and there is written 'bar chart of class'.

How come and how to solve this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

How are you running your graph?  (Stored Process, DMS, EG, SAS/Intrnet, batch SAS, etc, etc)

For example, if you are using Stored Processes, and your server is running on a Unix machine, then it might be able to produce dev=activex output (because it doesn't actually have to "render/draw" the graph) and then maybe you're viewing the graph on a Windows machine (where it gets rendered).  But if you try to use device=actximg then it will be trying to render/draw the graph on the Unix server, which is not possible.

Also, device=activex only produces 1 file (and html file), whereas device=actximg produces both an html file and a png file ... therefore you have to make sure you've got things set up so you're viewing the html file, and it is referenceing the png file correctly via a path it can get to (such as a relative path).  There are lots of factors here - maybe a better question for Tech Support.

barbier
Calcite | Level 5

I am running the graph as a Stored Process.

It is running on a Windows machine.

When I use 'activex', it is working fine. But I would like to use 'actximg' to prevent the users to have to install the 'activex plug-in'.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation