BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BrianMc
Obsidian | Level 7

Using the Yaxistable option (which I love) I have text as values and I would like to split the characters so part of the value for example "Green Tea" appears as "Green" and "Tea" right below in the single cell. 

Using a strip function I converted two numbers into one text field. This is making the Yaxistable columns too wide. So I am trying to split the text and narrow the columns. Forcing the columns to narrow, my hope was the value would wrap the value. Is there an option to accomplish this in a Yaxistable?   

5 REPLIES 5
ankit___gupta
Quartz | Level 8

Hi BrianMc,

You can find your answer in the following link.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/grstatproc/69716/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0ka2y1m7pmaqdn...

-Let me know if it helps.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you love axis tables, you might want to read Warren Kuhfeld's  recent blog post:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2017/01/23/basic-ods-graphics-axis-tables/

It is not directly relevant to your question, but is interesting nonetheless.

BrianMc
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi, I haven't found the solution in the suggested material. Essentially I am looking to narrow the yaxis table. I hope that will cause my text data to wrap to the row below at the space between 2 text values. I could not find a fit policy option for values in a yaxistable. That would be ideal but I am looking for a creative way to tighten up the columns so the output appears larger than it does.
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

YAxisTable values cannot be split.  This will make the layout of the columns much more complicated.  The Header will be split to fit the space.  The y-axis values can be split.

BrianMc
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you. I appreciate the responses.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation