BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

space.png

When using htmlpanels one on top of each other I have an extra space between the panels.  See the image above of the space between two panels with the option panelboarder=’1’.  Is there an option to remove this space?

ods tagsets.htmlpanel event = panel(start) options(panelborder='1');

ods tagsets.htmlpanel event = panel(finish);

/*how do I remove the space created by default here*/

ods tagsets.htmlpanel event = panel(start);

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Have you tried using column_panel?

Something like

ods tagsets.htmlpanel event = panel(start) options(panelborder='1');

ods tagsets.htmlpanel event = column_panel(start);

<put two procs in here>

ods tagsets.htmlpanel event = column_panel(finish);

I don't normally use the panelborders so I'm not sure if this will fix it but without borders I don't have a lot of space between the panels.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yes, I tried the same setup with column_panel and had the same result.  I don’t need the boarder at all, I included the panelboarder=’1’ just so I could see the outline of the panels, which displays the gap area between the rows. 

ballardw
Super User

The ones I've written don't have much difference. I have only used this with graphic output and explicitly set the size of the graphs. The active style might have an impact. What sort of values do you see in the HTML source for cellpadding and border-width?

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I do not see boarder-width or cellpadding in the source html.  The closest I found was a javascript line document.write('<frameset rows="92,*" frameborder="0">');

I am using SAS 9.2, information delivery portal 4.2 M2. Did you mean to right click the webpage and select view source, I’m asking because it sounds like I should have found cellpadding in the source.

I’m setting the size of my graphics using

ods graphics on / imagemap height=3in width=3in border=off;

and

ods graphics  / height=1.5in width=3.5in border=off;

ballardw
Super User

How ever you view the HTML source would work.

It may be a style issue. I have some html panel output I generated in SAS 9.2.3 and it has cellpadding values of 0 for the parts of the table that actually contain the graphic output. And no frame entries such as you see.

I've only used this with "traditional" SAS graph output, specifically GMAP. So maybe the interpretation of GOPTIONS is done differently than ODS GRAPHICS options. I'd be tempted to see if that is the case but I no longer have SAS 9.2.

Or perhaps there is something involving the delivery portal or EG. My code was run from base SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation