BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

Good morning,

Am tying to get a handle on how to move a rectangle around in an ODS region using GTL.  I defined a region 5" wide and 1.75" high and want to draw the rectangle in the middle next to the left side.  

The code I have so far is:

%let path=c:\temp\;
ods pdf file="&path.test.pdf";
ods layout absolute x=0 y=0 height=8.48in;
ods region y=1.1in x=.5in width=5in height=1.75in style={background=cyan};
proc template;
define statgraph vennleft;
begingraph / drawspace = layoutpercent ;
entrytitle '';
layout region / opaque=false;
drawrectangle x = 0 y = 25 width = 28 height = 23 / display = (outline) anchor = BottomLeft;
endlayout;
endgraph;
end;
run;

proc sgrender data = SasHelp.Cars template = vennleft;
run; quit;
ods layout end;
ods pdf close;

What I get is a square in the middle third of the rectangle and the drawrectangle output appears in that per the attached image.  How do I tell it to use the entire region?

Thanks much!

--Ben

Capture.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

I believe you are getting what you are coding.  ODS LAYOUT and REGION are totally independent of the GTL LAYOUT REGION.  Everything the SGRENDER produces goes into the ODS REGION you have defined.  GTL only knows of the graph canvas which is the white area in the middle.  Everything you specify inside the GTL code can only render inside the graph canvas, which is then placed inside the ODS Region you have defined.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

drawrectangle x = 0 y = 25 width = 28 height = 23

Sure looks like you want to draw something almost square: width=28 and height=23 means that the x and y dimensions are almost the same=> squarish. The image you show has the "square" actuall just a tad wider than the height. Maybe you mean width=58??

BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

This was just a test, but changing width to 58 makes the rectangle a bit wider; the x/y origin of it still remains in the center of the layout region.  I'd like to figure out how to position it's starting point to the left side of the region shown in cyan.

Thanks!

--Ben

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

I believe you are getting what you are coding.  ODS LAYOUT and REGION are totally independent of the GTL LAYOUT REGION.  Everything the SGRENDER produces goes into the ODS REGION you have defined.  GTL only knows of the graph canvas which is the white area in the middle.  Everything you specify inside the GTL code can only render inside the graph canvas, which is then placed inside the ODS Region you have defined.

BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

Just found out what it was; a previous proc in the job had specified a width and height on an ods graphics statement.  Adding:

ods graphics on / width=5in height=1.75in; 

did the trick.  

Thanks!

--Ben

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation