BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TimH
Quartz | Level 8

Can SGPANEL or SGRENDER be used to put two graphs on a page that _share_ an axis? 

Here's what I would like to do: I have a variable which changes during the day, different values for each category, so I am doing an area chart to show that.  The variations depend upon different processes which are happening, for which I have the start and end times.   I would like to share the horizontal axis which will be 24 hours with a tick each quarter hour,  on top I want the area chart, below I want to do a horizontal high-low chart with the categories on the vertical axis being the process identifiers, and the bars representing the duration of the process.

3 REPLIES 3
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Yes, you can build a GTL template with two graphs and common X axis.  There are many examples, and you can customize to your needs.  Here are a couple of examples from the support page:

35171 - Histogram with Normal and Kernel Density Curves

35040 - Monthly Stock Price and Volume Graph

TimH
Quartz | Level 8

Those are helpful, and I will do more reading about templates but not quite what I was asking.  The examples show multiple charts from on dataset.   I actually have two datasets;  one for the upper chart - the dataset containing the variable I am doing the area chart for -  and one for the lower chart - the start/stop time of the processes.  Since the variable which changes during the day is measured at regular intervals,  and the start/stop times of the processes do not conform to those intervals, I do not think I can merge the two datasets .

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

The procedure only supports one data set per graph.  So, you have to merge the data.  It is OK to have two columns (X & Y) for the upper graph and two different columns (X2, Y2) for the lower.  As long as X and X2 are of the same type, the axes can be merged by the graph.  We do that with the survival plot.  The survival graph is with x=Time and the lower at risk table graph is using x=TAtTisk.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation