BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
royhomme
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I´m Using ODS Graphics Designer with Sas EG 7.1.

It worked fine at the beginning, but now when I try to drag and drop a plot into the graph, nothing happens! Not even an error message appears.

It doesn´t matter if it´s a blank space or with an existing graph ( for example, when you try to add a normal density curve to a histogram).

It´s the same if I right-click into the graph and select "Add an element"...

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrashantH_sas
SAS Employee

OK. Sounds like this is not going to be simple workaround. Can you please contact SAS Technical Support and start a track?

Regards,

-P-

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PrashantH_sas
SAS Employee

Hi,

[1] Are you connecting to a remote SAS session or a local session?  What is the version of the SAS server that you are connecting to?

[2] Does this problem also happen if you start with one of the gallery plots, say Basic -> ScatterPlot and try to add another scatter plot to it from the plot layers panel on the left?

[3] Around the time it stopped working, did anything change on your PC in terms of updates, etc?

With Regards,

-Prashant.

royhomme
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

[1] I´m connected to a local server

[2] Yes, it does.

[3] The last thing I tried on ODS Graphics Designer before the problem started to happen was to do a plot for a data set with 1000000+ observations.

Thanks!

PrashantH_sas
SAS Employee

Can you temporarily move that large data set to a different directory that is not referenced by any of the libnames being used in your SAS session and see if that makes a difference?

-P-

royhomme
Calcite | Level 5

The large dataset was in the work library, so I closed mi SAS session (so the dataset was deleted) and started a new session, but that didn´t make any difference.   

PrashantH_sas
SAS Employee

OK. Sounds like this is not going to be simple workaround. Can you please contact SAS Technical Support and start a track?

Regards,

-P-

royhomme
Calcite | Level 5

OK, I will.

Thank You!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation