BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

SAS 9.4 TS1M4

Code:

ods html;
ods graphics/imagemap=on;
proc sgplot data=sashelp.cars;
    bubble x=origin y=invoice size=msrp/tip=(horsepower enginesize);
run;
ods html close;

When I hover my mouse over one of the bubbles as seen in the SAS Results Viewer, the tool tip appears as expected. When I hover my mouse over one of the bubbles when I use Internet Explorer 11 to open the .html file that is created, no tool tips appear. When I hover my mouse over one of the bubbles when I use Google Chrome 64, the tool tips appear. Also, the appearance of the plots is different in IE 11. How do I make the tool tips appear in IE 11?

--
Paige Miller
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Ok, problem solved.

The plots were enlarged in IE for some reason (View->Zoom was set to 125%). WHen I changed the zoom to 100%, the tool tips work properly.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

When I use this:

ods html  path="d:\" body="test.html" (url=none);
ods graphics/imagemap=on;
proc sgplot data=sashelp.cars;
    bubble x=origin y=invoice size=msrp/tip=(horsepower enginesize);
run;
ods html close;

and open the result with IE11 then I can see the tool tips.

I did not notice any appearance difference except a possibly size difference of maybe 5% larger in a separate IE11 window than the results viewer.

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hey Paige,

Notice @ballardw is writing his HTML file outside of the temp area. Try that as well, and see if that works better for you.

Thanks!
Dan

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Sending output to my C: drive, or sending output to a network share, makes no difference, IE does not display the tool tips.

--
Paige Miller
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Ok, problem solved.

The plots were enlarged in IE for some reason (View->Zoom was set to 125%). WHen I changed the zoom to 100%, the tool tips work properly.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation