BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhilfromGermany
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

first off thank you for looking into this topic and for trying to help me. I am in the process generating a few reports. Those reports consist of a proc print that creates tables and a proc boxplot that is supposed to generate a boxplot. Everything is saved into the one PDF. My problem is:

When I add footnotes and titles to the proc boxplot, the size of the box plot diagram shrinks exponentially, inspite of lots of white space below the box plot. Why can't the title and footnote statements just use up the white space above/below the box plot?

I attached the code for the proc boxplot statement and the template that goes with it. Thank you for your help!

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

Try NOGTITLE and NOGFOOTNOTE options on the ODS PDF statement. Default of GTITLE makes titles part of the graphic displays usually resulting in reduced space for the plots.

PhilfromGermany
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi ballardw, thank you for your response. Using the NOGFOOTNOTE and NOGTITLE options didn't change anything Smiley Sad

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Your best bet would be to submit a problem report to Tech Support using the link in the bottom page footer.

Or, attach the FULL WORKING program, with data and output to this thread, and we can try debugging it.

ballardw
Super User

Maybe try options on the ODS GRAPHICS statement. You can set explicit height/width for graph sizes and Scale/noscale to allow/prevent text, such as titles and footnotes to change with the resized graph. 

PhilfromGermany
Fluorite | Level 6

@Sanjay Thank you for your response. Submitting the data is not an option.

@ballardw I ended up replacing the PROC BOXPLOT with PROC GPLOT. I no longer have to specify a graphics dump using PROC GPLOT. However, I ran into another problem using #byval(var) in the title statement ()

Thanks for everyone's help.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You don't have to submit real (proprietary) data. Submit fake data that demonstrates the problem.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

As a general note for future queries, it is much easier for other people who are not familir with your project to help you if you include a (smaller or reduced) working program with fake or simulated data that will demnostrate the problem. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation