BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Dear Experts,

This is with regard to the warning i mentioned in the subject line. when i execute the following code a simple gplot , i get it and i am not sure of the ways to suppress it or avoid. could you please advise. I am using the gplot procedure in sas 9.1

data test;

input x y;

cards;

0 10

0.125 20

0.5 30

2 40

4 50

16 60

64 70

;

run;

axis1 order = (0 ,0.125 ,0.5,2,4,16,64);

proc gplot;

plot y*x / haxis = axis1;

run;

WARNING: The intervals on the axis labeled x are not evenly spaced.

WARNING: No minor tick marks will be drawn because major tick increments have been specified in uneven or unordered intervals.

i checked the sas community pages and tried few alternatives like using the formats, however by this  approach, i am successful in suppressing the format, but the x axis appearance changes. like the gap between the each axis point is wide. I want to make the axis gaps equal as well as suppress the warning. could you please help me.

proc format fmtlib;

value vfmt 0 ,0.125 ,0.5,2,4,16,64=[2.]

other=' ';

run;

axis1 order = (0 to 64 by 0.5) ;

proc gplot;

plot y*x=1 / haxis = axis1;

format x  vfmt.;

run;

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
3 REPLIES 3
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

If you goal is to have the tick marks evenly spaced, convert the numeric column into a string column in a data step and plot the string column instead.

Hope this helps!

Dan

abhilashr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Dan,

I also having the same issue, tried string conversion but didnt worked.

Is there any other way to suppress this warning

Thanks,

Abhilash

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

I would need to see your program to know about your particular situation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation