BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DigDug
Calcite | Level 5

How do I apply a style to a title or a footer? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

I'd like to add a little to Dan's "it depends"...  Smiley Happy

If you're using traditional SAS/Graph procs (such as gplot, gchart, and gmap) in 9.2 or higher, the ODS styles can affect the color of the titles ... but it can vary, depending on whether you're using 'gtitles' or 'nogtitles'.

For example, when I run the following code with gtitles (titles inside the png image), they are black, but when I run it with nogtitles (titles are in the html, not part of the png image), they are blue:

%let name=plt080;
filename odsout '.';

GOPTIONS DEVICE=png;
goptions gunit=pct htitle=6.0 htext=4.5  ftitle="arial/bo" ftext="arial";

ODS LISTING CLOSE;
ODS HTML path=odsout body="&name..htm" nogtitle style=sasweb;

title1 "What color is my title1?";
title2 "What color is my title2?";
proc gplot data=sashelp.class;
plot height*weight /
des="" name="&name";
run;

quit;
ODS HTML CLOSE;
ODS LISTING;

Therefore, if you want to guarantee your title is the desired color (no matter how the graph is produced), I recommend hard-coding the color in the title statement, such as ...

title1 color=hotpink "This is my title";

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

If you want to change the appearance of all titles and footers in a consistent manner the optimal way would be to use PROC TEMPLATE and create a new custom style based on an existing SAS supplied one.

If  you need to just modify one (or some specific) title / footer then look in the online help for "enhancing titles" under the "Title Statement" entry in the index for examples of font changes like color and size and such.

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

The answer to the question depends on how you're creating your graphs. ODS styles affect all graph output and is a good place to make persistent style changes. If you are using SAS/GRAPH procedures or the SG procedures, you can also modify titles and footnotes directly via the TITLE/FOOTNOTE statements. If you are using the Graph Template Language (GTL), TITLE/FOOTNOTE statements do not apply. You would need to make direct title and footnote changes on the ENTRYTITLE/ENTRYFOOTNOTE statements in the template.

Hope this helps,
Dan

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

I'd like to add a little to Dan's "it depends"...  Smiley Happy

If you're using traditional SAS/Graph procs (such as gplot, gchart, and gmap) in 9.2 or higher, the ODS styles can affect the color of the titles ... but it can vary, depending on whether you're using 'gtitles' or 'nogtitles'.

For example, when I run the following code with gtitles (titles inside the png image), they are black, but when I run it with nogtitles (titles are in the html, not part of the png image), they are blue:

%let name=plt080;
filename odsout '.';

GOPTIONS DEVICE=png;
goptions gunit=pct htitle=6.0 htext=4.5  ftitle="arial/bo" ftext="arial";

ODS LISTING CLOSE;
ODS HTML path=odsout body="&name..htm" nogtitle style=sasweb;

title1 "What color is my title1?";
title2 "What color is my title2?";
proc gplot data=sashelp.class;
plot height*weight /
des="" name="&name";
run;

quit;
ODS HTML CLOSE;
ODS LISTING;

Therefore, if you want to guarantee your title is the desired color (no matter how the graph is produced), I recommend hard-coding the color in the title statement, such as ...

title1 color=hotpink "This is my title";

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

And, to add onto Robert & Dan's postings, if you are using ODS destinations that support style - -even if you are NOT using SAS/GRAPH or GTL, you can have an impact on your title statement for RTF, PDF and HTML, by doing this:

title1 color=hotpink font='Arial Narrow' bold h=14pt "This is my title";

and the ODS destinations that support style will use your title specifications.

cynthia

ods rtf file='c:\temp\hotpink.rtf';

ods pdf file='c:\temp\hotpink.pdf';

ods html file='c:\temp\hotpink.html';

title1 color=hotpink font='Arial Narrow' bold h=14pt "This is my title";

proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=2);

run;

ods _all_ close;

title;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation