BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
YvesA_Roy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to integrate user-defined style in the Format -> Style menu of ODS Graphics Editor (v 9.41), as the default list is rather short. I didn't find anything in the other menus (such as Preferences...) nor in the installation directory.

Thanks in advance

Yves Roy

Université de Poitiers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

The ODS Graphics Editor only know about the SAS shipped styles.  It also gets the one custom style used with the current graph.  You can change the style to one of the SAS shipped styles, or the current style.  You can also customize a style and save it as a SAS program.  Then you have to run the SAS program in your SAS session to make it available there.

There is no way to send multiple custom styles to the Editor.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
djrisks
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

Have you creating a new style using Proc Template? If so, If you use the following code before you create the .sge graph, then the graph will have the style that you want:

ods listing sge = on style = styles.newstyle;

If you only wanted to swap colors of your grouped variable around, then you can do this within ODS Graphics Editor using the Format -> Graph Properties -> Group Attributes menu.

Thanks,

YvesA_Roy
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks djRisks,

but I already knew that. My only purpose is to visualy compare several style options for a given chart, including personalized styles, without having to regenerate the chart entirely, especialy in the case the chart has been manually edited. I have also tried to use the ods html5 or ods pdf style= option in a subsequent proc sgrender step, without success: the style remains the one selected in ODS Grpahics Editor just before File -> Save.

Yves

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

The ODS Graphics Editor only know about the SAS shipped styles.  It also gets the one custom style used with the current graph.  You can change the style to one of the SAS shipped styles, or the current style.  You can also customize a style and save it as a SAS program.  Then you have to run the SAS program in your SAS session to make it available there.

There is no way to send multiple custom styles to the Editor.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation