BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
derickloo
Fluorite | Level 6

I want create a bar chart.  After done set the Column to Chart, Sum of and run it.  It show me an error "There were xxx midpoints generated from the data.  Specify levels=all to display the graph.  What the error is?  Where I can set the levels=all?  Please help.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

What are yo using to create your chart? Are you on EG, or SAS UE or Visual Analytics? 

Can you post generated code?

what does your data look like and what kind of chart are you trying to create?

derickloo
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm using EG. I wish to create a bar chart. The data has Customer Code, Month, Year and Sum Amount of particular Month Year. I wish to show in bar chart the total amount for each customer.

Below is the code generate by EG

PROC SQL;
CREATE VIEW WORK.SORTTempTableSorted AS
SELECT T.DebtorCode, T.SUM_of_Amount
FROM WORK.FILTER_FOR_APPEND_TABLE as T
;
QUIT;
Axis1
STYLE=1
WIDTH=1
MINOR=NONE

;
Axis2
STYLE=1
WIDTH=1

;
TITLE;
TITLE1 "Bar Chart";
FOOTNOTE;
FOOTNOTE1 "Generated by the SAS System (&_SASSERVERNAME, &SYSSCPL) on %TRIM(%QSYSFUNC(DATE(), NLDATE20.)) at %TRIM(%SYSFUNC(TIME(), TIMEAMPM12.))";
PROC GCHART DATA=WORK.SORTTempTableSorted
;
VBAR
DebtorCode
/
SUMVAR=SUM_of_Amount
CLIPREF
FRAME TYPE=SUM
COUTLINE=BLACK
RAXIS=AXIS1
MAXIS=AXIS2

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

I think you can add the 'levels=all' option after the '/' in the following code:

VBAR
DebtorCode
/
levels=all
SUMVAR=SUM_of_Amount
CLIPREF
FRAME TYPE=SUM
COUTLINE=BLACK
RAXIS=AXIS1
MAXIS=AXIS2

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation