BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tz
Obsidian | Level 7 Tz
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all.

I am trying to create a Side-by-Side histogram, like below.

I can get SAS to ,draw histograms in panels or overlayed but can find no option (something like groupcluster) for a histogram with automatic binning.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

I could not see your example.  Since Histograms display densities over a continuous range, you cannot have side by side bins like a Bar Chart.  However, you can display these as overlays.  See this blog article on this topic:

Here is one example:

ComparativeHist.png

Tz
Obsidian | Level 7 Tz
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sanjay, I'ts nice to hear from you again (You helped me with a log-scaled graph where the original value was a fraction, but the log scale in SAS cannot handle negative values),

The hisrtogram I'm looking for is standard in SPSS.

Thanks

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Please add a picture of what you want, and the data.  Which release of SAS are you using?

Tz
Obsidian | Level 7 Tz
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry Sanjay.

I was misinformed by the researcher.

The examples he provided were run in SPSS after coding the bin values.

Thanks for you're patience

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation