BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jdgriffin
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I need a bit of help creating a graph in SAS University Edition. 

What I am trying to do is create a scatterplot where x=response variable, y=time with 4 levels of a grouping variable. Each level of the grouping variable contains 10-12 observations at each time point. I am trying to display all observations across time, but with the observations from each group seperated in space on the chart. (I apologize if this description is lacking).

Here is what I have so far:

proc sgplot data=plin2bodycomp_organized;
      scatter x=time y=weight / jitter group=Treatment_Group;
run;

/*** weight= Response Variable, Treatment_Group= Group Variable **/

/* Note that jitter does technically separate the values in space, but it is not organized by group */

I have also attached the graph it produced:

Program 1-results.jpg

In R, creating the seperation I am looking for can be dong with the "position dodge" arguments when using the ggplo2 package (example below). Does SAS have anything similar?

Rplot01.png

Thank you for your time and your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

On your SCATTER plot statement, add GROUPDISPLAY=CLUSTER and see if that works for you.

Thanks!

Dan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

On your SCATTER plot statement, add GROUPDISPLAY=CLUSTER and see if that works for you.

Thanks!

Dan

jdgriffin
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, DanH, that worked!

Program 1-results-2.jpg

Is there any way to change the distance between the groups clusters?

Also, in a related note, are there any highly recommended resources for graphing in SAS? I am new to SAS Graphing and would appreciate a solid reference.

Thanks

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Use the CLUSTERWIDTH option on the SCATTER statement. It is a value between 0 and 1. The default is something like 0.85. In your case, you want to shrink the cluster width, so try a value of 0.4.

As for a graphics reference (shameless plug alert :-)).... If you are working with the SG procedures, Sanjay Matange and I worked on book that should get you up-and-going with the procedures quickly. Check it out and see what you think...

https://www.sas.com/store/books/categories/examples/statistical-graphics-procedures-by-example-effec...

Thanks!
Dan

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

You can also subscribe to "Graphically Speaking" blog for articles on graphing with SAS.

http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/

jdgriffin
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks again, DanH. This is exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks also for the recommendation, I appreciate it. 

Program 1-results-3.jpg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation