BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KDS5
Calcite | Level 5

SAS 9.4 TS Level 1M2 

So whenever I run an SGPLOT with a by statement it automatically inserts a second title -- how do I remove that second title?

Here's my code (be nice as I'm just learning the graphics package):

ods graphics on;
ods listing style=DEFAULT image_dpi=300 gpath="FILE_LOCATION"; 
ods graphics / imagename="IMAGE_NAME";

PROC SGPLOT DATA=DATA_SET UNIFORM=SCALE;
BY VAR1 VAR2;
TITLE H=9pt 'TITLE: VAR1=#byval(VAR1) VAR2=#byval(VAR2)';

SCATTER X=X Y=Y / GROUP=ID MARKERATTRS=(SIZE=5) ;

XAXIS DISPLAY=(NOLABEL) TYPE=TIME INTERVAL=MONTH MINOR VALUEATTRS=(size=7);
YAXIS LABEL='LABEL' TYPE=LINEAR VALUES=(0 to 10 by 1) LABELATTRS=(size=8) VALUEATTRS=(size=7) valueshint;

KEYLEGEND / BORDER POSITION=RIGHT LOCATION=OUTSIDE ACROSS=1 TITLE='ID' SORTORDER=ASCENDING titleattrs=(size=7) valueattrs=(size=6);

RUN; ods graphics off;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I would guess that:

options nobyline;

Should suppress that, but I have nothing to test it on.

Nothing wrong with your code, other than using all uppercase and not indenting sections.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I would guess that:

options nobyline;

Should suppress that, but I have nothing to test it on.

Nothing wrong with your code, other than using all uppercase and not indenting sections.

KDS5
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, RW9 --

I saw the "nobyline" syntax when Google searching for the answer but was trying to embed it in the ods line codes.

Thanks again,

KDS5

pkfamily
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the solution and the post! Just what I was looking for. By using the nobyline option and combining with #byvar1 and #byval1, I was able to create my own custom titles for plots utilizing the by statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation