BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Can an SGE file be editied by any program other than the "SAS Graphics Editor"?

6 REPLIES 6
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

No. An SGE file is a specialized format that can only be edited by the ODS Graphics Editor. The file contains information for editing a "live" graph, as opposed to an image that can be edited in an image editor.

PrashantH_sas
SAS Employee

No, it was not designed to be edited by other applications.

May we know why you'd like to do that?

With Regards,

-Prashant

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

I ask because I need to create a file using GTL that is editable.  It seems the consumer cannot use the "SAS Graphics Editor".  Is there another file format that I can create with ODS GRAPHICS that is editable.

PrashantH_sas
SAS Employee

With SAS 9.3, SAS Graphics Editor is part of BASE SAS.

If your consumer does not have any access to SAS, your options will be to generate an image and use image editors, or, generate SVG output (available in SAS 9.3) and use SVG-based editors.

ods listing;

ods graphics / outputfmt=svg;

<your code>

With Regards,

-Prashant.

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

I tried different IMAGEFMT options PNG, GIF, JPEG, WMF, TIFF, PDF, PS

I could not produce a WMF and the PS AND PDF formats did not provide the desried result.

I'm use SAS 9.2 on UNIX.

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

It would be good to know what kind of editing the consumer wants to do?  The SGE file is editable by the ODS Graphics Editor and anyone can obtain ODSG Editor from the SAS download page for installation on PC and Linux without a SAS license.  Can your consumer not install this? 

Or, is it that you want a metafile output format like PDF or EMF that can be edited by external (non-SAS) editors?  If yes, you will need SAS 9.3 to create output in such formats.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation