BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dmcdlj
Calcite | Level 5

I know this is a graph forum, but am hoping someone might can help me.

My AF screens and components are smaller in 9.1 .

I have a rather large AF application. In 9.1 the screens are approximately 5" x 7".  Same emulator, Same AF application - running under 9.3, the screen opens up as 4x6 and also all of the components are also smaller.  The writing in each of the components, combo boxes, text boxes, check boxes - is cut off because they were designed for the size of the screen and on screen components in 9.1 .  I have been working with SAS for almost a month on this and so far, we do not have it fixed.   The check boxes in 9.3 were so teeny that you could not see if they were selected.  I did fix these components by changing the font to adobe Helvectia.   But, the frames do not have a font attached to them.  Has anyone else had this issue?    

Basically, a frame that is 50 x 70 in 9.1 SHOULD be the same size as a 50 x 70 frame in 9.3, but it is not.  It's like the unit of measure is different.

Can anyone help me correct this?    I have attached a picture of the two sizes of frames. Same emulator software and config and same server.

I tried increasing the size of the frame and it just gives me a larger overall window. All of the components stay in the same place.

Thanks !!! sas 9.3 vs 9.1 screen.JPG

Debby Clements

3 REPLIES 3
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The SAS version is different the server side not. Do you use a terminal with a X11 server? (seems for me that way) 

Than there is possible something with X settings in your new SAS profile. SAS(R) 9.3 Companion for UNIX Environments

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Darrell_sas
SAS Employee

It looks like the font size is smaller.  There was a font change with 9.3.

Talk to Tech Support about what you need to do.

dmcdlj
Calcite | Level 5

I was able to solve this by changing the font to   -xrm 'SAS.systemFont:-Adobe-Helvetica-Medium-R-Normal--12-120-75-75-P-67-ISO8859-1 -

I posted this message in several communities, hoping someone would see it that might could help me.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation