BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
SAS technical support has revealed that SAS v9.2 PROC TEMPLATE cannot be used to re-size the CONTENTS pane/window using STYLE= override. Supposedly it is fixed in the next release -- not yet determined when available. A somewhat convoluted circumvention was provided and it was supposed to be posted as a defect with a TECHNOTE for individuals to reference, though I have been unable to locate said tech reference.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
And for those who are impacted by this DEFECT, consider contacting SAS support to let them know the importance, suggesting that a HOTFIX is in order for ENTERPRISE-level production web-content reporting, what is dependent on SAS ODS.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I did not find a Tech Support note yet, but if you just heard back from Tech Support, it does take some time for new notes to go through their "process".

In the meantime, I figure Tech Support told you that your template change will work with ODS HTML3 (which generates W3C HTML 3.2 compliant HTML tags) as opposed to regular ODS HTML (which generates W3C HTML 4.0 compliant HTML tags). So until the Tech Support note comes out, I thought I would post this workaround. It's a revision to the template code in this note:
http://support.sas.com/kb/23/435.html
using both ODS HTML3 and ODS HTML to show how the HTML 3.2 output uses the contentsize attribute and how the HTML 4.0 output does not. I believe the reason that the older ODS HTML3 works and the newer ODS HTML does not is that the older ODS HTML3 destination did things slightly differently than the newer ODS HTML destination.

There was also a previous forum posting on this topic:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=7301 (but no workaround). I believe another approach would be to change the tagset template for ODS HTML -- but I find the ODS HTML3 method easier for my students to understand.

If you need to generate an in-line style section, you can always modify your ODS HTML3 invocation to use the STYLESHEET option:
[pre]
ods html3 path='c:\temp' (url=none)
file='ts3sbod.html'
contents='ts3stoc.html'
frame='ts3sfrm.html' style=styles.test
stylesheet;
[/pre]

cynthia
[pre]
ods path work.testtemp(update)
sasuser.templat(update)
sashelp.tmplmst(read);

proc template;
define style styles.test;
parent=styles.default;
style Frame from Document /
contentposition = L
bodyscrollbar = auto
bodysize = *
contentscrollbar = auto
contentsize = 50%
framespacing = 1
frameborderwidth = 4
frameborder = on;
end;
run;

** ODS HTML will NOT use CONTENTSIZE attribute;
ods html path='c:\temp'(url=none)
file='ts4bod.html'
contents='ts4toc.html'
frame='ts4frm.html' style=styles.test;

** ODS HTML3 WILL use the CONTENTSIZE attribute;
ods html3 path='c:\temp' (url=none)
file='ts3bod.html'
contents='ts3toc.html'
frame='ts3frm.html' style=styles.test;

proc print data=sashelp.shoes(obs=2);
run;

proc print data=sashelp.class(obs=3);
run;

ods _all_ close;
[/pre]
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Glad you mentioned ODS HTML3 - that was not conveyed as an option by the support individual - we will explore it as a more palatable choice. It's been only 10 days or so, since the defect was identified by support, so we'll wait a week longer and then will follow-up.

Cynthia, you're extensive and valued input is most appreciated. Way over the top! Thank you.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation