BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ThomasAP2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I am trying to generate an image in SVG-format using the dataskin = gloss option in sgplot.

I get the note in the log that:

NOTE: The graph will be rendered as an image due to the use of data skins.

Is this something that is impossible to fix or will it be possible in anyway?

Regards

Thomas

code below:

data temp;
do i = 1 to 6;
  x = ranuni(0);
  output;
end;
run;

ods graphics /outputfmt = svg;
proc sgplot;
hbar  i /response= x dataskin=gloss;
quit;

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Note: I moved this to so that the SGPLOT experts would be more likely to see it.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Support for transparency, gradient shading, etc. varies by format.   PDF, SVG and EMF have different levels of support for such features in their native formats. This too changes by SAS release, as more features are available in newer releases.  So, when a rendering feature is supported in the requested format due to lack of support for things like transparency, or gradient coloring, etc, then a fully rendered image is embedded into the output.

If the appropriate output format is more important than a rendering feature, you can remove the offending feature like transparency, or skin to get the rendering in the right format.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation