BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dorota_Jarosz
Obsidian | Level 7
My OS is Windows Vista and I am using SAS 9.2 TS2M3. I have problems with renaming the graphs made with proc gplot when I try to redirect output to a path different than the default. The renaming does not work at all. I am only getting gplot.png, gplot1.png, gplot2.png, etc. The html document gets a proper assigned name though.

Even with the default path, the following statements do not place the image in the subdirectory \image, but in the main path and I have to move them manually in order for the html document to work. I am getting src="images\Myplot.gif" in the html body document, but the image file is in the parent directory (actually my Desktop).

OK, I know I can forget the gpath='.' (url="images/") and simply use gpath='.' but this is the only combination that works.

If I redirect the graphics output I get the entire path embedded in the html document, so it is not easily portable and all the graphs get default names.
I really need to use my external drive for all temporary SAS files.

Any suggestions, please?

P.S. I just checked the (url=none) option and it helped with no path embedded in the redirected html document, just src="gplot8.png" but the images are still only gplot.png, gplot1.png etc. and reset=index does not work either here. How to get them renamed? I produce many graphs with just one run of the program. Identifying them is a real pain. This is for proc gplot output. Proc sgplot seems to work.

Message was edited by: Dorota_Jarosz Message was edited by: Dorota_Jarosz
4 REPLIES 4
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ
As a rule, PATH= and GPATH= tell ODS where you PHYSICALLY want the output. The (URL=) specifies the path to generate in the SRC= of the HTML file. Therefore, to generate your output in an image subdirectory AND have your relative image path in the SRC=, do this:

ods html gpath='image' (url="images/")

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks!
Dan
Dorota_Jarosz
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you so much, Dan, for responding to my post in such a timely manner. I just tested the gpath="images" (url="images/") and it works! I got a plot in subdirectory \images of the path and the html document references the image correctly: src="images/gplot.png." So portability of html is solved. Thanks!

As you can see though the renaming does not work. My ods graphics statement contains reset=index and imagename="Myplot" but the image is named gplot the first time around I run the code, gplot1, gplot2, etc. on consecutive run, regardless whether I delete the previous version or not. The html document gets replaced.

So, I still have a major problem with reset=index and imagename= options.

Another issue: I often would be happy without the html document altogether. Is there a way to create just a png image that I can import into my paper? When I suppress the ods html statement, I get an error that no output is open.
Dorota_Jarosz
Obsidian | Level 7
I found the answer for renaming the graphs. For regular gplot procedure (as opposed to sgplot) I have to control the output with the goptions and filename statements - the old fashion way.
goptions gsfname=mypng1;
where mypng1 is the file reference defined with the filename statement.
filename mypng1 "E:\MyProject\SAS_output\images\Myplot.png";

It would be REALLY helpful if the SAS 9.2 documentation mentioned or even emphasized these differences. In particular that imagename=filename option of the "ods graphics on;" statement does not affect the output of the gplot.

To stop SAS from adding consecutive numerals to subsequent graphs, use:
goptions gsfmode=replace;
together with the gsfname=mypng1;.

Message was edited by: Dorota_Jarosz
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ
For GRSEG-based graphics like GCHART and GPLOT, the ODS GRAPHICS statement will not work for you. To override the name of the image, use the NAME= option on the procedures. To reset the index, just delete the entries from the WORK.GSEG catalog.

Hope this helps,
Dan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation