BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JeffU
Calcite | Level 5
I'm running a report which puts out several pie charts grouped by a numerical "order" field. The problem is this outputs an ugly "order=1", "order=2", etc on the top of every chart which is causing confusion amongst my users. I'd like to be able to remove this or change the text there to something that will be more user friendly.

Thanks for any guidance that you can provide.

-Jeff
1 REPLY 1
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
Jeff;

You could use proc format to create labels for the order values. To eliminate the "Order=", try label order='00'x;
Lastly, pie charts are a rather ineffective and inefficient way to present data and especially so when trying to make comparisons across "Orders". Consider the use of vbar or hbar charts by "order". Label the response axis or the title with a statement that indicates that each bar represents a proportion of the whole. The resultant display will be much more effective. For a "treatise" on circular charts and alternatives, see http://www.perceptualedge.com/articles/visual_business_intelligence/our_fascination_with_all_things_...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation