BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
P5C768
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, I am trying to move two tables created by a PROC TABULATE statement onto one page of a PDF.  I was able to do so using startpage = never and ods pdf startpage=now to control the page placement, however it doesn't remove the PDF bookmark for the table I move onto the first page.  The best I can do is set it to be a blank label using ods proclabel ' '.  Is there a way to completely remove this bookmark?  I've tried using PROC DOCUMENT as well but can't seem to get it to work.  Thanks!_pd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, you are correct. NOTOC was the -first- bookmark control. BOOKMARKGEN, in conjunction with BOOKMARKLIST was introduced later (9.0 or 9.1?) to give you a bit more control than plain NOTOC. For example, you can set BOOKMARKGEN=YES but then choose to hide the bookmark area with BOOKMARKLIST=HIDE. So on the initial open of the PDF file, the viewer will not see the bookmark area, but they can click the bookmark icon to reveal the TOC.

cynthia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:  A simple way to completely remove the bookmarks is to use NOTOC or BOOKMARKGEN=NO as options. Would that work for you?

Cynthia

ods listing close;

ods pdf file="C:\Temp\nobookmark.pdf" startpage=no bookmarkgen=no;

. . . your code. . .

ods pdf close;

Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

i think you can use NOTOC option in ods pdf.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, you are correct. NOTOC was the -first- bookmark control. BOOKMARKGEN, in conjunction with BOOKMARKLIST was introduced later (9.0 or 9.1?) to give you a bit more control than plain NOTOC. For example, you can set BOOKMARKGEN=YES but then choose to hide the bookmark area with BOOKMARKLIST=HIDE. So on the initial open of the PDF file, the viewer will not see the bookmark area, but they can click the bookmark icon to reveal the TOC.

cynthia

Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks for the info....gud options to here...i used till now notoc option only...might use options you mentioned in future.

P5C768
Obsidian | Level 7

BOOKMARKGEN worked perfectly, I want to keep the bookmarks, just suppress the blank ones created by moving the PROC TABULATE output.  I put a BOOKMARKGEN = NO before the PROC TABULATE statement that I move, then a BOOKMARKGEN = YES after it restart the bookmark generation.  Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation