BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bts
Calcite | Level 5 bts
Calcite | Level 5

I'm having trouble reducing the space between the top of my bar graph and the title. I have 6 graphs per page, and the move= statement (if that's the solution) is stumping me. I added "move=(0,-1) but that squished the size of table. I only need to remove about 0.5 inches of blank space. Below is my code for graph 1 of 6 (page title omitted):

goptions horigin=0 vorigin=6.75 hsize=3 vsize=3 htext=7pt htitle=9pt ftitle="bold" ;

axis1 label=(a=90 f="Albany AMT" "Frequency") order=(0 to 140 by 20) minor=none;

axis2 label=none value=none;

axis3 label=none ;

legend1

label=("Response" h=2 pt position=left j=c)

position=(top inside left) mode=share

value=(h=5 pt 'Yes' 'No');

pattern1 v=solid color=CX93BFBF;

pattern2 v=solid color=CX4791ED;

proc gchart data=griffin_collapsed_values;

vbar discuss_pay/DISCRETE

INSIDE=PERCENT

GROUP=gender

SUBGROUP=discuss_pay

RAXIS=axis1

maxis=axis2

gaxis=axis3

legend=legend1

space=0

width=6

coutline=white;

where discuss_pay ne . and gender le 2;

format gender genderf. discuss_pay yesno.;

title1 "Gender" f="bold" ;

footnote1 j=c h=.75 f=Albany "Figure 1a. &chi1a";

run;

quit;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

You may want to consider moving to SGplot or SGpanel. The space between the titles and graphs is less and since you say you are attempting to put 6 charts to a page then, depending on your data, SGPanel may be a good option. Also the development by SAS is going towards the SG procedures.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Code without example data is hard to test.

Which destination are you sending this to? HTML, RTF, PDF and others may require different approaches. Also there are options related to destinations that specifically affect graph titles.

Which is your currently active ODS Style?

bts
Calcite | Level 5 bts
Calcite | Level 5

PDF - Here's the preceeding code: 

GOPTIONS RESET=ALL ftext="Albany AMT";

ods pdf file="\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Documents\My Documents\\test3.pdf" startpage=never ;

goptions htitle=11pt;

options nodate nonumber;

options leftmargin=1in rightmargin=1in; 

proc gslide;

title1 'Q1: Did the medical team discuss payment with you?' lspace=.5in f="bold";

run;quit;

And thank you for your help!

ballardw
Super User

You may want to consider moving to SGplot or SGpanel. The space between the titles and graphs is less and since you say you are attempting to put 6 charts to a page then, depending on your data, SGPanel may be a good option. Also the development by SAS is going towards the SG procedures.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation