BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SJN
Fluorite | Level 6 SJN
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I have 10 customers. I want to display each customer transaction in single page RTF. How to achive that. could you help me.

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

Have you tried a basic proc print, with BY groups? 

SJN
Fluorite | Level 6 SJN
Fluorite | Level 6

This is a Letter which has to be automated. Body of letter is same but customer name is different and every thing has to sent to customer in single RTF file.

Reeza
Super User

Why not use Word MailMerge? It's built in and designed for exactly this. 

in general before automating a process you need a working version, do you have that in place?

Startpage=yes allows you to control the page breaks. 

SJN
Fluorite | Level 6 SJN
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes I have body of the letter only need to add the customer details which is sas data set. 

Reeza
Super User

Can yo describe your process in detail, what you have and what's missing/need. 

You can export SAS dataset and use Word directly. This could be automated via VBScript. 

Or you could try and do it all in SAS. 

SJN
Fluorite | Level 6 SJN
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a body of letter and sas data set which contains customer names and there details (say address).

My requirement is in need to place the name of customer details  along with body. I'm able to create for single customer but the problem I'm facing is not able to print for more than one customer in single word file.

Below the name and address I have take as input from SAS data set and populate. I need to create all the letters in single word file. 

ex:

To,

<Name>

<Address>

Dear Sir,

<Body>

Regards,

ABC Bank

Reeza
Super User

I'd still recommend mailmerge.

Ok, put all your information in a data set, including the body of the letter and then use a custom data step that prints to the RTF doc to generate your letter. 

Ie data set includes variables:

name address body 

You may need to split the body into multiple variables to get the report the way you want. 

Then use a BY Group per name/address as indicated earlier to get one page per report.

SJN
Fluorite | Level 6 SJN
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Reeza for the Tip will try and let you know.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation