BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jazzman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I need a diagram to show covariance/correlation attributes of my bivariate data. My idea was a scatter plot which is proportional for both variables (1 unit on the x-axis has the same lengh as 1 unit on the y-axis) and contains a line for each mean and one for the regression line. This way the degree in which extreme values of x are associated with extreme values of y could be graphically assessed. 

A scatter plot with a regression line is no problem in SAS but I couldn't find options to make the diagram proportional and to plot lines for the means. 

2 REPLIES 2
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

What you need is what is known as an EQUATED container in GTL.  SGPLOT scripts out the LAYOUT OVERLAY to create the graph.  What you can do is use the TMPLOUT="filename" option on the SGPLOT statement to get the GTL Template scripted by SGPLOT.  Edit this program, replace LAYOUT OVERLAY with LAYOUT OVERLAYEQUATED.  Then, compile the template, and run proc SGRENDER with your data and this new template.

proc template;

define statgraph sgplot;

layout OVERLAYEQUATED / <options>;

<keep these statements>

endlayout;

end;

run;

See example here;  http://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2011/12/19/map-overlays/

proc sgrender data=<your data> template=sgplot;

run;

Depending on the program, you may need to remove / replace some of the options on the LAYOUT statement.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can also use the ASPECT= option on the PROC SGPLOT statement. For a comparison of the various options, see the article "Preserving the aspect ratio of th data in ODS graphics."

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation