Data visualization with SAS programming

Proc Gchart (Want to know about Backend Process)

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Proc Gchart (Want to know about Backend Process)

Hi,

When I tried to produce a graph without discrete option in Proc Gchart,

I Observed a Graph obtaining midpoints on X-axis (I want know How midpoints will be calculated for the given values for Numeric variable.).

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-12-2013 08:16 AM
SAS Employee

Re: Proc Gchart (Want to know about Backend Process)

I've never seen Gchart's automatic midpointing algorithm in the doc.  Here is a page that describes a little about it (but not the full algorithm)...

SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.3: Reference, Third Edition

If you want to know see the exact start & end value in the axis midpoint text (instead of seeing just the single midpoint value), you can use the 'range' option, such as ...

gchart data=sashelp.class;

height / range type=mean sumvar=weight;

run;

I usually pre-process my data, and calculate my own ranges for the bars (using if/else statements, or proc rank, etc), so that I know exactly what's in which bar.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎08-12-2013 08:16 AM
SAS Employee

I've never seen Gchart's automatic midpointing algorithm in the doc.  Here is a page that describes a little about it (but not the full algorithm)...

SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.3: Reference, Third Edition

If you want to know see the exact start & end value in the axis midpoint text (instead of seeing just the single midpoint value), you can use the 'range' option, such as ...

gchart data=sashelp.class;

height / range type=mean sumvar=weight;

run;

I usually pre-process my data, and calculate my own ranges for the bars (using if/else statements, or proc rank, etc), so that I know exactly what's in which bar.

Contributor

Hi,

I Got cleared my doubt 95%.

Thank you for the Information, I have another Doubt regarding this -- How SAS will take number of midpoints should be given for the chart.

If we use levels or midpoints we will get how many we want, but can I know about number of default midpoints produced.

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation