BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KVoss
Calcite | Level 5
How do I add a hyperlink to a GKPI image so that a user can link to detail data directly from the image?

Thanks

Keith
2 REPLIES 2
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14
I had requested this functionality when gkpi first came out, but it got marked 'nofix' (S0398520). I would suggest contacting SAS tech support, and letting them know you're interested in this capability - if they know there's enough customer-interest, that might help justify adding this feature in the future.

In the meantime ... the only work-around I know of is to run gkpi and let it create the kpi in an image, and then annotate that image onto a traditional SAS/Graph (proc gslide might be convenient), and use the 'html' variable in the annotated image to implement the html hyperlink. This is kind of a round-about "ugly" way to do it (and quite a challenge to get everything "just right"), but it's the only way that comes to mind.

Here's an example that uses this technique:

http://robslink.com/SAS/democd26/kpidash.htm
http://robslink.com/SAS/democd26/kpidash_info.htm
KVoss
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Robert! That's a nice looking dashboard.
You're right though....That is an ugly way to have to get there. I dropped a note to tech support as per your suggestion, to get/keep this on the radar.

I'm hoping that there's an undocumented technique/option that has recently become available to save me from tweaking all that code. I really appreciate you getting me started though.

Thanks again!

Keith

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation