BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kmel56
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everybody,

I have this problem with a proc gchart using axis statement :

WARNING: The MINOR= option on AXIS statement 2 was ignored

because the Nature de l'événement axis does not

support MINOR=.

So i can't have minor ticks on my horiszontal axis.

8 REPLIES 8
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Are you trying to use it on the maxis? (ie, midpoint/bar axis?)

kmel56
Calcite | Level 5

Indeed I am using it on MAXIS for Vbar GCHART

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

That's not allowed (there aren't really even "major" tickmarks on the bar/midpoint axis) Smiley Happy

If you want minor tickmarks on the bar/midpoint axis, you'll have to use gplot, and the 'needle' interpolation (with large width= values, so that the needles look like bars).  In gplot, the (fake) bars will be proportionally spaced, and then it will make mathematical sense to have the concept of tickmarks.

kmel56
Calcite | Level 5

Oh really!! so i can't have subgroups with gplot not like gchart , isn't it?

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Well ... anything's "possible" -- you just have to ask, is the desired visual effect (in this case, minor tickmarks between bars) important enough to jump through hoops (more complex data manipulations, and less straightforward code) required to get the desired visual effect...

With gplot 'needle' plots, you can overlay the needle segments such that it produces the visual effect of subgrouped bars (but considerable data-manipulation is required to make this work).  Here's an example (in this case I'm using skinny needles, and in your case you'd use wide needles).  Note that with the data I'm using, having the bars spaced proportionally (on a time axis), and having tickmarks "between" the bars is actually meaningful.

http://robslink.com/SAS/democd12/barcpu.htm

http://robslink.com/SAS/democd12/barcpu_info.htm

kmel56
Calcite | Level 5

Okey, I have to think about it very interesting, but using this i'll have to change all my programs, may be let down the minor tricks :smileygrin:

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Do the minor ticks in the non-SAS maps you're converting to SAS serve a purpose?

Some softwares just stick in "decorative" minor tickmarks between bars, which serve no real purpose.

kmel56
Calcite | Level 5

no it is just a visual choice i think, "communication direction" wants this visual, that's all

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation