BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Zaneta
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if it's possible to use ODS Graphics Designer in EG4.3 with SAS 9.3?  I've been able to find instructions to set up ODS Graphics Designer with SAS 9.2 and successfully got this working in the past Smiley Happy But I'm now doing some work at an organization which has SAS 9.3 and EG 4.3.  Does anyone know if it's possible to use ODS Graphics Designer from EG4.3 with this combination?

Many thanks for any advice Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Zaneta

4 REPLIES 4
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Zaneta,

I am guessing the instructions you have may be these ones: http://support.sas.com/kb/42/604.html It seems to suggest for a SAS 9.2 M3 install however there is no mention for SAS 9.3

However from Chris Hemedinger's blog post in the comments, it seems to suggest that it is supported for EG 4.3 and a local SAS 9.3 install, http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2011/03/02/using-ods-graphics-designer-with-sas-enterprise-gui...

I would give it a go.

Cheers,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Chris' blog is correct.  You can download the two tasks referenced in Chris' blog for use in EG 4.3.  Using the ODS Graphics Designer requires local SAS (9.2 or later).  Replaying the resultant sgd files in EG does not require local SAS.  Those two tasks are now baked into EG, starting with version 5.1.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Zaneta
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Michelle and Casey,

Thanks very much for your replies.  On checking with our IT people, it seems that we might have a bigger problem in that SAS isn't installed locally on each machine.  Do you know if there is any way to use ODS Graphics Designer via SAS EG 4.3 in this situation?

Thanks again for your answers, much appreciated Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Zaneta

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

On a related note, starting in the first maintenance release of EG 6.1 and SAS 9.4 (soon to be released), the ODS Graphics Designer will be able to be used from EG without requiring local SAS.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation