BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fridge_wpg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I have data of an experiment that has one response variable "growth" related to 18 treatments (TRT) that were measured for eight weeks with three replications. 

The statistical model for analysis looks like this: 

(Data is sorted by rep trt and time)

proc mixed data=combine;
class rep trt time;
model growth=trt|time / ddfm=kr;
random rep;
repeated /type= AR (1) subject=trt;
lsmeans trt*time;
run;

The program runs without error. I would like now to plot every treatment against a specific time interval. I don't have much skill with SAS but eager to learn. Please suggest some me a few program codes to do this. Thank you.

Fridge

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

I suggest browsing around this page: http://support.sas.com/sassamples/graphgallery/index.html

for something that you think may show what you want. Without have a better idea of what you actually want or makes sense for your data it is difficult to make targeted suggestions.

fridge_wpg
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Ballardw,
Thank you very much for your reply. I guess I didn't explain clearly what I intend to do with my data. I am trying again.
Rep

trt

Week1

Week2

Week3

Week4

Week5

Week6

Week7

Week8

1-3

1-18

X cm

X cm

X cm

X cm

X cm

X cm

X cm

X cm

I have measured growth (x cm) of 18 treatments (trt) (genotypes) for eight weeks (time).

The statistical model for analysis is:

1) proc mixed data=combine;class rep trt time; model growth=trt|time / ddfm=kr; random rep;
repeated /type= AR (1) subject=trt;
lsmeans trt*time;
run;

2) proc gplot data=combine; plot growth*time=trt; run;

3) I want to graphically view the data (The data is sorted by rep trt and time). The step-2 gives me a messy output. The question is how can I view or compare all treatments' effect using lsmeans at a particular time interval (say week5)?
Looking forward to hearing from you. Please, feel free to ask any question that you may have.
Sincerely
Nasir

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can try to create an effect plot. See the article "Use the EFFECTPLOT statement to visualize regression models in SAS."

A sketch of what you want would enable us to   give more specific advice. You can sketch it on a piece of paper and then take a picture or scan it into an image file.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation