BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all- 

SO I have an issue where if I run something in batch or on a scheduler I get this error:

ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /sharedsas/config/Lev1/NAApp/sasReport13.xml.

I am running an output that includes two graphs that export out to an Excel workbook. It works fine in the interactive enviroment but not in batch. I have attempted to redirect the xml  with an ODS XML Path statement but that does not seem to work-  

ods xml path="/apps/sas/datasets/data137/xxx/dev/nc_xxx_sandbox/data/dfrx/"; but that  seems to be not taking effect.

I was reading something about the display error and writing that to the shell script but that is something I do not have access to-

Thanks

Lawrence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Ok to reply with my own solution per se-as a way to notify other users- 

So the issue was that I had originally used EG to build the template. Then I had swapped out  the Gchart for a SG Chart. 

But the template had inserted this statement into the code- 

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) gtitle. 

Once I had removed it the issue resolved itself.   

Anyway thanks for all the assistance. While it was not the solution this time, I am sure the answers will assist in the future.

LB 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

I'm guessing a bit without seeing the code, but the destination you are using is probably not XML -- it's probably SASREPORT.  Try setting the path on ODS SASREPORT and see if that helps.

LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Dan; 

The export is xlsx. I just tried that by changing the path to 

ods SASREPORT path="/apps/sas/datasets/data137/xxx/dev/nc_xxx_sandbox/data/dfrx/";  and it still results in the same error- 

The bit of code I have is- 

options dev=PNG;
options center;
ods listing close;
ods escapechar="\";

ods SASREPORT path="/apps/sas/datasets/data137/xxx/dev/nc_xxx_sandbox/data/dfrx/";  

ods excel file="/apps/sas/datasets/data137/xxx/dev/nc_xxx_sandbox/data/dfrx/&&sitea&i.._MOBILITY_REPORT_&d1t..xlsx" style=Seaside options(sheet_name="MS STATISTICS" SHEET_INTERVAL= 'PAGE' autofilter='1' FROZEN_ROWHEADERS='no'
GRIDLINES='ON' embedded_titles='yes' embedded_footnotes='yes');

ODS _ALL_ Close;
ods listing;

In between that I have one proc report and two sgplot graph outputs. The graphs are the culprit. I have another report running sans graphs and that works just fine in batch mode. 

LB 

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Just looking at the paths you've mentioned, this looks like a stored process. I believe that SASREPORT is opened by default for stored processes, but I don't think you care about that output. So, try adding this to the beginning of your program and see if it helps:

ods _all_ close;

Also, you might want to say:

ods graphics / outputfmt=png;

instead of:

options dev=png;

for your SGPLOT output.

Hope this helps!

Dan

LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Dan; 

Thanks for the suggestions-

Still get the errors. A little maddening.    

Lawrence 

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

On the ODS SASREPORT statement, try adding a gpath= option that points to a location where you can store files (can be the same as your output file destination).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Tried that too-that did not work but did find the issue. I will reply all to the issue-  

ballardw
Super User

You may want to post the actual log for the excuted code shown.

Your first post has this path in the error:

/sharedsas/config/Lev1/NAApp/sasReport13

Your ods Excel shows

/apps/sas/datasets/data137/xxx/dev/nc_xxx_sandbox/data/dfrx/&&sitea&i.._MOBILITY_REPORT_&d1t..xlsx

and the same folder for ODS SASreport

Not the same paths.

Also with a statement like:

"The graphs are the culprit" you should show the code including the graphs and the log for the entire program.

By any chance are the graphs created by a non-SAS appication? Or a non-SG procedure such as Gplot or Gchart?

LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Ok to reply with my own solution per se-as a way to notify other users- 

So the issue was that I had originally used EG to build the template. Then I had swapped out  the Gchart for a SG Chart. 

But the template had inserted this statement into the code- 

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) gtitle. 

Once I had removed it the issue resolved itself.   

Anyway thanks for all the assistance. While it was not the solution this time, I am sure the answers will assist in the future.

LB 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation