BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jan_seidel
Calcite | Level 5
Hi all,

I'm using the GREPLAY procedure as part of a SAS-code within a SAS Enterprise Guide project (system details see below). Everything works well, despite GREPLAY doesn't use the general EG graph templates, as it is the case when e. g. using the GPLOT procedure.

How can I force the GREPLAY procedure to use that EG graph templates (via TC option ??). If the TC option is the option of choice, what is the name of the EG template-catalog?

Don't know whether I shell address that question to this forum or to the EG forum, so I started with yours 🙂

Many thanks for any hints/ideas,
Jan

System information:
EG project runs on Windows XP Client with SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1 connected to an UNIX-Server with SAS 9.1 installed.
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm confused. When you use PROC GPLOT and PROC GREPLAY, you are using standard "device-based" graphics. When you use PROC SGPLOT or ODS GRAPHICS ON/OFF with PROC REG or other SAS/STAT procedures, you are using SAS "template-based" graphics. ODS Graph templates are ONLY used in SAS "templated-based" graphics -- NOT in the "device-based" procedures.

GREPLAY is a "device-based" procedure -- so it does NOT use an ODS graph template. However, it does use GREPLAY templates, as described here in the documentation: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/graphref/63022/HTML/default/viewer.htm#/documentation/cd...

When you refer to "standard" EG graph templates, I wonder instead whether whether you mean STYLE templates or GREPLAY templates instead of GRAPH templates???? I don't think you mean the template-based graph templates.

The GREPLAY built-in "replay" templates live in the SASHELP.TEMPLT catalog. To see the list of GREPLAY templates available for use, submit the following code and look in the SAS log:
[pre]
proc greplay tc=sashelp.templt nofs;
list tc;
run;
quit;
[/pre]

You can preview each predefined template's outline, by issuing a GREPLAY step for PREVIEW _ALL_ as shown below. However, the templates do not appear in the output with their names. You could preview the templates one by one, too. But here's the _ALL_ syntax:

[pre]

ods html file='preview_all.html' style=sasweb;
PROC GREPLAY NOFS TC=sashelp.templt;
preview _all_;
RUN;
QUIT;
ods html close;
[/pre]

Without knowing whether you mean STYLE templates or GREPLAY templates or the new GRAPH templates, it's hard to give you more help.

If you, by chance, mean SAS STYLE templates, you can see the list of available STYLE templates by looking at the EG Style Wizard -- under the "Manage Styles" menu choice (I think that's it...I no longer have 9.1 to run code with.)

cynthia
jan_seidel
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia,

sorry for any confusion.

You're right, when I'm talking about "EG graph templates" I'm referring to the SAS STYLE templates.

When using the GREPLAY procedure, the default EG style is not applied to the respective graphs, which I created before with PROC GPLOT.

Question now is, how to get around this (and I know now, the TC option is not the way to do it).

Best regards,
Jan
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ
When you run PROC GPLOT and similar procedures, the active ODS STYLE information is applied to the graph as it is written to the catalog. PROC GREPLAY basically replays these catalog entries, so there is not an opportunity to apply a different style from the one used to create the original catalog entries. To get your replayed graph to use the EG style, make sure all of your GPLOT output is generated using that style before doing the replay.

Thanks!
Dan
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
The original post indicated that she is using SAS 9.1 -- so -does- the catalog entry hold the style in 9.1???? I didn't think so. I thought the style was only used in 9.1.3 in the creation of external image files (PNG) for the client-side devices (such as ACTIVEX and ACTXIMG). I know that the style is used for 9.2 catalog entries no matter what your device. But with 9.1, it's almost as if she had NOGSTYLE in effect.

cynthia
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Cynthia is correct. I missed the SAS 9.1 reference in the original posting. ODS styles to not apply to GRSEG graphics prior to SAS 9.2. Because GREPLAY works only with GRSEG graphics, you will not be able to get styles to work with your GREPLAY output. In SAS 9.2, it should be possible.

Thanks!
Dan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation