BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cherry
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

It looks strange when some graphs are not shown but some are shown under the same application. Beside, I also checked the SAS configuration in my PC, which is as follows and seems doesn't carry SAS graphs.- however the unix SAS does carry SAS/graphs, so in order to view graphs, does PC SAS have to carry SAS/GRAPH?

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I don't understand what you mean when you say that "some graphs are not shown but some are shown under the same application" -- there are instances where you could create graphs on either the PC or UNIX, if you have SAS/GRAPH, and you might or might not be able to view the graphs depending on:

1) whether your graph step completed successfully (what code did you use)

2) which graphics method you were using (SAS/GRAPH or ODS GRAPHICS)

3) what your PATH= and GPATH= values were for your destination of choice

4) what was your destination of choice (LISTING, RTF, PDF, HTML, other)

5) what was your DEVICE= option for SAS/GRAPH or your IMAGEFMT= option for ODS GRAPHICS

...and other factors.

It sounds to me like you have both PC SAS and Unix SAS installations. It is possible that your site has a license for SAS/GRAPH but that it was not installed on the PC. Checking your PC configuration only shows what is installed on your PC -- it does not show what your site has licensed. You would have to check with your SAS Administrator to verify the licensed components that your site has on all operating platforms. It is possible that your site has a SAS/GRAPH license for the Windows platform, but it has not yet been installed.

When you ask "in order to view graphs, does PC SAS have to carry SAS/GRAPH?" ... there's no single answer that is possible given the limited information you provided. For example, if you create an RTF or PDF file on your Unix system using SAS/GRAPH and you open the RTF or PDF file on the PC, then the PC does NOT need to have SAS/GRAPH. However, if you created an RTF file with graphics using the ACTIVEX device type, then the ACTIVEX controls would need to be installed on your PC in order to view the graph. As another example, if you create an HTML document on UNIX that contains an IMG tag that points to SAS/GRAPH output, then in order to view the graph on your PC, you would have to FTP the HTML document and the IMG file to your PC in order for the HTML file to load the IMG tag SRC= file.

So there are many different reasons why you would not be seeing your graphics. The best resource for a question like this is for you to open a track with Tech Support. The answer to your question will be very, very specific to your site, your licensed components, the code you used and everything else I mentioned in the list above. To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

Cherry
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Cynthia for your quick response. Please see my answers below

1) whether your graph step completed successfully (what code did you use)---- Yes it completes

2) which graphics method you were using (SAS/GRAPH or ODS GRAPHICS)---- PROC GPLOT

3) what your PATH= and GPATH= values were for your destination of choice---- unix side

4) what was your destination of choice (LISTING, RTF, PDF, HTML, other)-----html

I have two SAS installations. i have SAS/GRAPH installed on my Unix SAS, but not on my PC .

I found the below warnig in the log...

WARNING: Unsupported device 'ACTIVEX' for LISTING destination. Using device 'ACTXIMG'.

please could you provide me the solution.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Cynthia did provide you with the solution:  Call tech support.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you call Tech Support it will be useful for them to know whether you are using SAS on your local PC; whether you are using the SAS Universal Viewer to view output; or whether you are using SAS Enterprise Guide on your PC. If you have SAS Enterprise Guide on your PC, then you do not have SAS installed on your PC. SAS Enterprise Guide is a graphical user interface (GUI) that surfaces tasks and wizards on your desktop and then sends the generated SAS code from the EG interface to SAS on a server (such as a UNIX server).

The solution might be different depending on whether you are using Enterprise Guide or not. That warning message you posted is one that frequently is generated when the Enterprise Guide default of ActiveX is unchanged by your SAS code. (And, since you did not answer my #5 question, that indicates to me that you did not change or alter the default GOPTIONS that were used for your code. The ACTXIMG driver would have generated a PNG image file, so the warning message is just that, a warning that SAS had to make adjustments to your code.)

Working with Tech Support is still the best way to quickly and efficiently solve your problem.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation