BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I have a basic sgpanel statement with a title.  IT displays properly when my output type is html.  When I change my output type to pdf.  The title displays twice. I tried using the

Title; statement to blank out the title however the title remains.

When I use sgpanel and set the output to pdf in SAS 9.2 my Sgpanel headers are repeated each time a new page on my pdf is displayed. 

When I send a tabulate block to pdf the rows with the All command are pushed to the side.

Are there ways to handle these?

8 REPLIES 8
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Answers:

1. "The title displays twice" -- This was fixed in the second maintenance release of SAS 9.2.

2. Headers -- It hard to tell what's going on here without a picture, but it could be due to pagination. Try using the ONEPANEL option on the PANELBY statement.

3. Not sure about the tabulate issue.

Hope this helps!

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

These are questions probably best answered by Tech Support. In addition to changing _ODSDEST, you might need to specify some extra options for your stored process like NOGTITLE/NOGFOOTNOTE. Or, depending on your client application, the result format of PDF might not be respected. For example, even if you have an override for _ODSDEST of PDF, that destination is not "received" by all the BI clients. PowerPoint and Web Report Studio will not "receive" PDF results and the output type is changed to SASReport  format under the covers. And, for the Information Delivery Portal or the Stored Process Web App, sometimes you have to send your own content-type header using the STPSRV_HEADER function. And instead of a straight override for _ODSDEST using %STPBEGIN, sometimes you have to use _WEBOUT explicitly with the ODS PDF invocation (not using %STPBEGIN), as shown here: 12994 - Creating a PDF, CSV or RTF file when running the SAS® Stored Process Server, see Example 1.

cynthia

ballardw
Super User

The tabulate issue I have experienced a number of times and it is not just with PDF, I have it occur with RTF.

Sometimes ROW=Float will help and others using overrides for column widths helps.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Below is a screen shot of the PDF two headers.  The one panel option helped but did not entirely solve the issue.

pdf two titles.png

Researching row float it did not seem to have effect.  Because I am creating my columns dynamically it is extremely difficult to preset the width.

Looking into NOGTITLE

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

A couple of questions:

1. Based on the picture, the only duplication is in the title, not the panel headers. Is that correct?

2. Can you run this command and post the result from your log?:

%put &sysvlong;

Thanks!

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It looks like the duplicate is for the title for the sgpanel.  I’m not sure what a panel header is.  I’m only using the title statement inside of the sgpanel.

When I ran this command in my html output for Information Delivery Portal I got. 9.02.02M3P041310.

Tabulate in HTML

PDF output good.png

Tabulate in PDF

PDF tabular bad.png

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Check out this SAS note and see if it helps:

http://support.sas.com/kb/34/600.html

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Dan,

I found that solution works for removing the double header.  I also found that proc report has less issues in PDF than tabulate.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation