BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
P5C768
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a simple daily dashboard I distribute via PDF and I was asked to add a chart to visualize one of the tables.  The Proc SGPLOt statement below works for me by itself, but when I wrap it in the ODS PDF statement, I get a blank page in the PDF.  When I run the SGPLOT by itself in the ODS PDF statement (i.e. getting rid of the proc print statements) I get some results, albeit they do look different on the PDF compared to being run outside of a PDF statement).  Is there anyway to get this to work?  Ideally, I would like to keep the first two tables on one page and then have one table and a chart on the second page.  I thought the conflict might be page size limitations, so I moved the SGPLOT to it's own page, with the same (blank page) results.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

ods listing;

goptions reset=all;

options date nobyline nonumber orientation=landscape;

ods pdf file='/filelocation/Dashboard.pdf' startpage = never style= BarrettsBlue;

proc print data=mydata1 noobs contents=""; run;

ods proclabel ' ';

ods escapechar='^';

proc print data=mydata2 noobs contents=""; run;

ods pdf startpage=now;

proc print data=mydata3 noobs contents=""; run;

ods pdf startpage=now;

PROC SGPLOT DATA = MyData3 description="";

SERIES X = Week Y = Group1 / lineattrs=(color=VIGB thickness=2) markers markerattrs=(symbol=asterisk color=VIGB);

SERIES X = Week Y = Group2 / lineattrs=(color=MAROON thickness=2) markers markerattrs=(symbol=circle color=MAROON);

SERIES X = Week Y = Group3 / lineattrs=(color=DELG thickness=2) markers markerattrs=(symbol=triangle color=DELG);

XAXIS TYPE = DISCRETE;

RUN;

ods pdf close;

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

do you have

ODS GRAPHICS ON; somewhere

or by default?

P5C768
Obsidian | Level 7

No, do I need that for the PDF?  Even after adding that, I still get the blank page.

Reeza
Super User

Does the following work?

Works fine for me Smiley Sad

ods listing;

goptions reset=all;

options date nobyline nonumber orientation=landscape;

ods pdf file='C:\_localdata\Dashboard.pdf' startpage = never style= BarrettsBlue;

proc print data=sashelp.class noobs contents=""; run;

ods proclabel ' ';

ods escapechar='^';

ods pdf startpage=now;

ods pdf startpage=now;

PROC SGPLOT DATA = sashelp.stocks description="";

SERIES X = date Y = high / lineattrs=(color=VIGB thickness=2) markers markerattrs=(symbol=asterisk color=VIGB);

SERIES X = date Y = low / lineattrs=(color=MAROON thickness=2) markers markerattrs=(symbol=circle color=MAROON);

SERIES X = date Y = open / lineattrs=(color=DELG thickness=2) markers markerattrs=(symbol=triangle color=DELG);

XAXIS TYPE = DISCRETE;

RUN;

ods pdf close;

P5C768
Obsidian | Level 7

Nope, same thing.  I get the first two tables on one page, a 3rd table on the 2nd page and a blank page where the graph should be.

ballardw
Super User

Note: Goptions doesn't have a lot of affect on SG procedures. ODS Graphics options would be what may need resetting.

Are you getting any warning or messages in the log?
Try setting the height and width using ODS Graphics /height=5in width=5in; or similar size in case the default is trying to use more space than the PDF display area allows.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation