BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chanzo
Calcite | Level 5

I tried creating some graphs with data tips, based on this example:

Example 1: Adding Custom Data Tips to a Graph in a Web Presentation

SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.3: Reference, Third Edition

I run my program in batch on Windows, SAS 9.3.

Works great - BUT:

1. It makes me view all the graphs on screen while the program is running. How do I stop it doing that? I just want the files.
  2. It puts all the files in the current directory. I don't want my directory cluttered up with lots of graphics files; how can I get it to create a subdirectory and put them all in there?

I'm sure these things are really simple, but darned if I can figure it out. Can some kind person help?

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

I don't have 9.3 but 9.2 has an option reached by using Tools>Option>Preferences>Results , uncheck box "View results as generated"

Remember to turn it back on afterwards!

ODS HTML path sets where your output files are going but if you want the graphics in a folder other than that with the HTML then you'll need to work with other options to ensure the references in the HTML point to that folder.

KarlK
Fluorite | Level 6

For question #2, you want the "gpath=" option on the ODS HTML statement. From the SAS 9.3 ODS User's Guide:

"specifies the location for all graphics output that is generated while the destination is open. Use this option when you want to write graphics output files to a location different that specified by the PATH= option for markup files."

Karl

Chanzo
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, the GPATH= option on the ODS HTML statement lets me put all the graphics files away in a separate subdirectory.

For the other problem - having to respond while it displays all the graphs on screen, even though running in 'noninteractive' or 'batch' mode:

GOPTIONS NOPROMPT;

helps, insofar as the graphs just flash by on screen without requiring any user interaction.

I found that if I also specify:

GOPTIONS DEVICE=HTML;

then I don't even see anything on screen at all, which is great, although then I get a duplicate set of graphics files in (by default) a 'sasgraph' subdirectory (I think that can be changed using the GSFNAME= option).

If I could have

• no forced user interaction for graphs displayed on screen
  • no graphs flashing by on screen
  • no duplicate output files

that would be perfect. But what I have now is good enough for my purposes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation