BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BTAinRVA
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I'm just running one of the examples from here (the Top Companies Profile Study) and when I run the code I get no plots. I tried resetting all goptions but didn't help. I do get graphical output using Proc Freq with ODS Graphics On so maybe it's an issue with my version of SAS and the SURVEYMEANS procedure?  I'm running SAS 9.4 TS 1M0

Thanks,

Brian Adams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You are using 9.4m0, which corresponds to SAS/STAT 12.3. The documentation you linked to is the 13.1 doc. To connect SAS versions to SAS/STAT numbering, see

http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2013/08/02/how-old-is-your-version-of-sas-release-dates-for-sas-sof...

The What's New doc for SAS/STAT 13.1 says

"SURVEYMEANS Procedure                  

You can request plots by specifying the PLOTS= option in the PROC SURVEYMEANS statement for continuous analytical variables. PROC SURVEYMEANS provides a summary plot that includes a box plot and a histogram plot. When you specify a DOMAIN statement, PROC SURVEYMEANS also produces box plots for domain statistics."

I conclude that you can't get those plots in 12.3.http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2013/08/02/how-old-is-your-version-of-sas-release-dates-for-sas-sof...

BTW, here's a link to the HTML documentation instead of the PDF documentation:

SAS/STAT(R) 13.1 User's Guide

This should make it easier for you to navigate, and to cut and paste from the doc.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Please post which exact code you submitted.

BTAinRVA
Quartz | Level 8

BallardW,

Thanks for the quick response. I would post the code if I could copy/paste into this forum but it doesn't seem to be an option. If you go to the link in my initial post and go to page 8263, it is Example 96.2

Brian Adams

ballardw
Super User

The code on page 8265, with the actual Proc Surveymeans has no plot statement. Have you tried adding one such as Plots=boxplot ?

I don't have SAS 9.4 so can't test plots with surveymeans.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You are using 9.4m0, which corresponds to SAS/STAT 12.3. The documentation you linked to is the 13.1 doc. To connect SAS versions to SAS/STAT numbering, see

http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2013/08/02/how-old-is-your-version-of-sas-release-dates-for-sas-sof...

The What's New doc for SAS/STAT 13.1 says

"SURVEYMEANS Procedure                  

You can request plots by specifying the PLOTS= option in the PROC SURVEYMEANS statement for continuous analytical variables. PROC SURVEYMEANS provides a summary plot that includes a box plot and a histogram plot. When you specify a DOMAIN statement, PROC SURVEYMEANS also produces box plots for domain statistics."

I conclude that you can't get those plots in 12.3.http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2013/08/02/how-old-is-your-version-of-sas-release-dates-for-sas-sof...

BTW, here's a link to the HTML documentation instead of the PDF documentation:

SAS/STAT(R) 13.1 User's Guide

This should make it easier for you to navigate, and to cut and paste from the doc.

BTAinRVA
Quartz | Level 8

Rick,

Thanks for the great response and links!

Brian Adams

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation